Sat, Oct 15
Aug 18 | Whole Foods
Are you seeking a new and exciting opportunity? Come join the Whole Foods Market team where you’ll work in a professional environment, with the highest quality ingredients and have a true work-life balance!
We offer competitive wages and great benefits like a 20% in-store discount, health benefits (for full-time employees), health savings plan, 401K, and excellent work culture & growth opportunities.
- Checks out customer groceries efficiently and accurately.
- Upholds government regulations concerning sale of alcoholic beverages and taxation.
- Follows proper check, ATM, and credit procedures.
- Uses proper tares procedures when ringing up scalable items.
- Cleans and stocks Front End areas, including own register – changing tapes and ribbon as necessary.
- Follows all cash handling procedures – meeting and exceeding regional cashier variance policy.
- May assist with training of new Cashier and Courtesy Team Members.
- Assists supervisor in controlling customer flow and backed up lines – helping reduce customer waiting time.
- Proactively participates in Regional Front End programs as directed by leadership.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Demonstrates patience in dealing with customers and Team Members.
- Maintains proficiency with the Front-End Code Book and PLUs:
- Strong basic math skills
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Strong attention to detail.
- No prior retail experience required.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.