Tue, Apr 18
Part-Time Retail Sales Associate (20-25 hours)
Jul 11 | AllModern
**This position offers a $1,500 joining bonus!**
Come join the team that is reinventing home! Wayfair is hiring for our AllModern retail store! If you are looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, Wayfair’s AllModern store might be the future home for your career.
We at AllModern believe good design should be the standard for all, not a luxury for the few. As the destination for every style of modern, we’re changing the landscape of modern furniture with purposefully designed pieces made to evolve with you through moves and milestones – all delivered fast + free. Everything we do, from product design to delivery, is considered + easy – just the way it should be.
- AllModern is one of the many brands of Wayfair, so as an employee, you will receive an employee discount on Wayfair.com
- Competitive compensation including quarterly bonuses
- Gas reimbursement
What you’ll do:
- As an authentic brand ambassador for the Wayfair family, lead and create a best-in-class customer experience by connecting them with the world’s biggest and best home online assortment brought to life in our stores.
- Deliver on sales and service KPIs, and productivity standards, through one on one virtual design consultations
- Guide customers through their questions on product features and functionality, style and product coordination, and cutting requests, including in-store assortment and endless aisle
- Introduce the online assortment and mobile web and app capabilities.
- Leverage your sales and brand knowledge/passion to help navigate our customers through their design needs and purchases, using the in store and online assortment to fulfill their needs
- Assist walk-ins on the sales floor and in the design studio as needed.
- Showcase design options through the occasional use of preferred design tools – mood boards 2D floor plans.
- Utilize design tools, CRM software and client accounts for consistent customer experience and record-keeping, as needed
- Ability to navigate multiple software applications, 3rd party and proprietary tools to provide customers with recommendations for their budget, style and space
- Ask great questions that allow you to provide a complete sales solution for your customers.
- Demonstrate confidence in closing the sale and educating customers on various ways to purchase including through POS, Online, our App or through a Quote.
- Be an expert in the services offered in-store and online – credit, financing, warranty, installation, and delivery, always considering value adds to client purchases.
- Participate in all operational aspects of the store including but not limited to: processing new products, floor sets, replenishment, substitutions, and general upkeep of the store
- Exemplify a positive and professional attitude on a daily basis with customers and your team members.
- Bring a willingness to share innovative ideas and solutions to continuously improve team operations.
- Engage in a high-energy, focused, and dynamic work environment where there can be rapid changes in products, promotions, offerings and operations.
- Grow through world-class training and continuous career development.
At Wayfair and our family of brands, we strive to provide our employees with a work schedule that protects their work/life balance and takes their scheduling preferences into consideration. Please understand due to the nature of the retail industry, your shift schedule will vary. However, we will work to provide you with your schedule a minimum of 2 weeks in advance, and you will have the opportunity to trade with teammates as needed.
Our store hours are Monday-Saturday 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM, and Sundays 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM. Employee shifts may include an hour before or after store hours.
- 2+ years of sales experience (preferably in a design-related environment). Interior design, Art, Architecture, Fashion Merchandising experience a plus
- Passion for great customer service and a drive to exceed sales targets.
- Strong organization, self-motivation, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Track record of thriving in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team sales environment.
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Technical acumen to learn necessary software.
- Associates are expected to have availability to meet the needs of the business.
- All employees will be expected to represent the brand through polished communication, personal appearance and professionalism.
- Technical acumen to learn necessary software and systems
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the merchandise sold.
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs.
- Ability to recommend merchandise to customers.
- Ability to process information and merchandise through a computer system and POS register system.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; regularly climb or balance; and frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly, frequently, or occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employment/promotion to this role will be contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.Apply Now