Mon, Aug 15
Purple Sales Lead (Part-Time)
Jul 29 | Purple – Coming Soon!
Purple is a digitally-native vertical brand with a mission to help people feel and live better through innovative comfort solutions. To us, comfort means more than great products, it means empowering every employee to feel comfortable being themselves. We believe your career at Purple will be a one-of-a-kind “Career in Comfort” because our workforce is one-of-a-kind. We are committed to a culture of collaboration where every voice is heard and understood. As an innovation company at our core, we believe a diversity workforce brings better insights, solutions and products and serves as the backbone to bettering our company. Join with us as we add to our team of exceptional individuals who will help us take over the world — one mattress at a time.
The Sales Lead is a member of the Showroom leadership team. A Sales Lead should role model the 5 Steps, deliver top sales, demonstrate product/industry knowledge and assist with the completion of operational tasks. They are hungry to learn and grow in their role.
As a high performing associate, they participate in opening and closing the showroom, but their biggest attribute is they are the strongest sales associate on the team and eager to help other sales associates become amazing at the 5 Step Customer Experience model. They should embrace the desire to help others get better.
The Sales Lead supervises the Showroom in the absence of the Showroom Manager and Assistant Showroom Manager. This includes driving sales results, delivering the 5 Step Customer Experience, coaching in-the-moment and ensuring the showroom is run in an operationally excellent manner.
- Demonstrates mastery & role models the 5 Step Customer Experience & Product/Industry Knowledge
- Delivers personal sales results and drives Showroom results in the absence of the Showroom Manager and Assistant Showroom Manager
- Supports the daily operations of the Showroom
- Utilizes appointment setting to maximize low foot traffic periods
- Spends time on:
- People/Leadership – 10%. This includes participating in interviews, assisting with the training of new associates and acting as a role model for the team.
- Selling & KPIs – 70%. This includes demonstrating mastery of the 5 Step Customer Experience and supporting mastery of the sales associates, using KPIs to evaluate and improve personal results, leading the showroom during the showroom and assistant showroom manager’s absence and having superior product and industry knowledge that is leveraged in both personal sales and with their peers.
- Operational Excellence – 20%. This includes following Purple processes and procedures as outlined in the Purple Playbook, completing tasks as assigned including daily operations of the Showroom, support inventory accuracy through daily inventory counts, supply management, protect the Purple assets and maintain Visual standards in the showroom.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Open to feedback from others and commitment to improve and grow performance
- Passion for providing superior customer experiences
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Ability to be a Team Player
- 1+ year experience working in a retail environment, ideally with some supervisory experience
- Minimum High School diploma, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Willingness to learn and tackle new challenges
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together to improve people’s lives through comfort.
- Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.