May 9 | La Gallina – Coming Soon!
*Hiring immediately with a $4,000 sign-on bonus!*
Opening at MarketStreet in Lynnfield this summer, La Gallina Mediterranean Eatery and Bar is seeking a creative, entrepreneurial-spirited chef to lead our culinary program. You will build a team and guide the development of a best-in-class, innovative, and delicious Mediterranean menu.
The restaurant’s partners, Matthias Kiehm and James Wierzelewski, are hospitality and real estate industry experts with decades of experience. Our commitment to the growth and development of our chef is unparalleled. Your role will include 2+ stages abroad within the first 18 months in the best kitchens in the world. Let’s build this new restaurant together.
Who Are We Looking For?
You are a driven self-starter with an ambitious spirit who is passionate about all things food & beverage, hospitality, talent development, and team building. You are a people-driven culture champion. You enjoy being part of a start-up environment and are committed to be a team player, always. You have a demonstrated ability to think analytically about the business and excellent people leadership skills. You are naturally curious, creative, and have a desire to provide highly personalized services. To apply, please reach out with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lead the restaurant kitchen culinary team in achieving the exceptional quality of food delivery while actively managing the financial goals of the kitchen operation, monitoring the performance, maintaining the kitchen facilities in accordance with La Gallina service standards, ensuring high guest satisfaction and an exceptional dining experience
- Provide leadership to create a culture and work environment based upon respect; providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow and develop their abilities through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment
- Coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and training necessary to achieve stated responsibilities in food delivery, sales, costs, employee retention and guest satisfaction
- Implement a food philosophy that aligns with organizational policies and goals while assuming 100% responsibility for the culinary quality.
- Implement and monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in a first class fashion
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and customers
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodation
- Perform purchasing and inventory responsibilities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Retrieves, processes, and prepares ingredients necessary to prepare menu items
- Prepares food items prior to and during meal time periods
- Prepares, slices and butchers’ meat, chicken, fish, cheese, produce and other food products on a daily basis
Qualifications and Skills
- At least two to three (2-3) years of experience in the direction and management of employees in a culinary environment
- Results-driven leader who is fearless about execution, is creative, can champion a vision and roadmap, and is not afraid to dig into the details
- Startup/opening of hotels and restaurants experience preferred
- Background in modern Mediterranean and American cuisine preferred
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking, and pastry techniques
- Thorough understanding of food preparation techniques and food hygiene practices
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Employment Legislation
- A strong team player who embraces ownership, accountability, and responsibility for the team’s work
- Detail oriented, good prioritization, time management, organizational and follow up skills
- Culinary school diploma required
- High school diploma or equivalent
To apply, please reach out with a resume to email@example.com.Apply Now