Mon, Aug 15
Jul 12 | La Gallina – Coming Soon!
*To apply, email resume to email@example.com
La Gallina Mediterranean Eatery and Bar, opening in Lynnfield this summer, is seeking a motivated restaurant and culinary professional ready to join a small but mighty team. The restaurant’s partners, Matthias Kiehm and James Wierzelewski, are hospitality and real estate industry experts with decades of experience. We are looking for passionate, creative thinkers to build this new restaurant together.
Who Are We Looking For?
You are a driven self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who is passionate about anything food & beverage, hospitality, talent development, and team building. You enjoy being part of a start-up environment and are committed to being a team player. You have a demonstrated ability to think analytically about the business, and excellent people leadership skills. Naturally curious and creative, you have an intrinsic desire to provide highly-personalized services.
- Provide leadership to create a culture and work environment based upon respect; providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow and develop their abilities through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment
- Coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated responsibilities in food delivery, sales, costs, employee retention and guest satisfaction
- Assist in the development and implement food philosophy
- Develop, implement and monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is well presented
- Assist in the implementation of procedures to increase guest and employee satisfaction
- Understand all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training
- Assume 100% responsibility for the culinary quality including staff meals
- Perform purchasing and inventory responsibilities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Fill in where needed to ensure customer service standards and efficient operations
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints regarding food quality and service
- Understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements
- A strong team player who supports their team and embraces ownership, accountability, and responsibility for the team’s work
Qualifications and Skills
- At least one to two (1-2) years of experience in the direction and management of employees in a culinary environment
- Startup/opening of hotels and restaurants experience preferred
- Background in modern Mediterranean and American cuisine preferred
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking, and pastry techniques
- Thorough knowledge of food preparation techniques and food hygiene practices
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Employment legislation
- Culinary school diploma required
- High school diploma or equivalent
Competitive salary and benefits package
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org