Fri, Feb 3
Dec 13 | Carhartt
At Carhartt, it is our mission to build rugged products that serve and protect hardworking people. Our Direct to Consumer retail team offers the ultimate experience of the brand; our deep-rooted values are tangible and exemplified in all we do. Our Leader’s embody the core values and heritage on which our brand was founded while leading others to do the same: we are inspired by hardworking people, we respect our history while walking bravely into the future, and we strive to do the right thing by working with honesty and integrity.
We are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being dependable, because hardworking people count on us to have their back every day. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
- Cultivate an environment of genuine consumer connection by being highly focused on delivering exceptional consumer experiences that are engaging, efficient, and personalized. Bringing to life the ultimate retail consumer experience.
- Responsible for translating the Carhartt story at the retail store level by executing on consumer experience program initiatives, Visual Merchandising and Visual Standards
- Lead Associate Engagement by fostering a positive, collaborative team environment where associates can bring their best to work each and every day.
- Develop, train, coach and provide feedback to all leaders and associates utilizing appropriate performance and talent management tools, ensuring positive growth throughout their associate journey.
- Analyze local market trends ensure all data relevant to operations is analyzed; including product information (mix, trends, needs) local competition, local wages, events, etc.
- Analyze, develop and execute revenue building strategies to achieve and exceed, store sales goals, performance metrics and consumer expectations
- Collaborate with key internal partners to lead timely and effective execution of store controls and operating standards (including policy and procedure administration) while assuming responsibility for the stores profitability and the team’s safety.
- Develop and foster external partnerships and event promotions for the benefit of the store.
- Engage with local community and encourage associates to bring forth ideas to continue to grow brand awareness.
- Develop and implement proactive recruitment strategies to ensure proper year-round staffing levels.
- Ensure continuous use of talent identification processes to build a strong internal bench, maintain a network of great candidates, hire exceptional people, and create personalized succession paths.
- Ownership of individual development and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of retail management experience required – store manager experience preferred.
- Retail Operations knowledge including: sales, customer service, merchandising, inventory control, store budget preparation and loss prevention.
- Staff Development Experience: Knowledge in staffing, coaching, counseling, training and development.
- Excellent organization, prioritization and communication skills.
- Exceptional team and collaboration skills.
- Excellent PC skills: POS Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Moderate Lifting (30-40 lbs.)
- Retail Environment
- Retail Hours
- Tobacco Free
- Travel (15%)