Thu, Feb 22
Black History Month
Thu, February 1 - Thu, February 29
February is Black History Month. Stop by our Little Free Library this month to discover the stories of Black individuals and communities and celebrate their trailblazing contributions. Connect, explore, and learn by picking up a new book, or contributing a new one for our community to enjoy. We will be stocking our library all month long with beautiful stories by Black authors, so be sure to keep coming by and explore titles like:
- all about love by bell hooks
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Maame by Jessica George
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- Stride Toward Freedom The Montgomery Story by Martin Luther King Jr.
- Carter Reads the Newspaper by Deborah Hopkinson
- Hidden Figures by Margo Lee Shetterly with Winifred Conkling; illustrated by Laura Freeman
- Born on the Water by Nikole Hannah-Jones and Renee Watson; illustrated by Nikkolas Smith
- I Have A Dream by Martin Luther King, Jr.; paintings by Kadir Nelson
The Little Free Library is located in Market Square by Starbucks. If you can’t find the book you’re looking for, visit our friends at Barnes & Noble!